On May 13th through the 15th, New York City will be hosting blockchain professionals from across the globe in this year’s Consensus 2019. Multiple industries will be represented at this three-day event, from technology and media to manufacturing, finance, and law. Find out what Consensus is all about and discover the topics they’ll be covering, who will be attending, and what you can expect.
In its 4th year, Consensus is widely considered a top event for those in the blockchain and cryptocurrency industry. Historically, it has brought together developers, founders, regulators, and others for a massive peer event. Held at the Hilton Midtown this year, Consensus features three solid days of small group discussions and informative keynote speeches. Some of the hottest topics this year are listed below along with a sample of one of the (many) discussions offered on each topic:
- Finance Wall Street Meets Crypto: Who’s Disrupting Who?
- Crypto regulation Stay Out of Jail Card: Enforcement Actions and How to Avoid Them
- Gaming Making Blockchain Fun Again: Can Games Drive Mass Adoption?
- Mining Not in My Backyard: Miners, Electricity and Local Politics
- Financial privacy The Consensus Debate: Is the Freedom to Transact a Universal Human Right?
- The future of blockchain tech Building on Bitcoin: Taproot and Scriptless Scripts for Smart Contracting
- Challenges to adoption 50 Million Users: How Kakao and Klaytn Plan to Drive Mass Adoption Around the Globe
Consensus Keynote Speakers
Consensus 2019 will feature over 200 keynote speaker sessions. The extensive list includes professionals from the following industries:
- Technology: Blockcstack, IBM, Microsoft
- Finance: Fidelity Digital Assets, JPMorgan, BNY Mellon
- Regulation: US, Bermuda, Bloomberg Law
- Publications: Wired, Reuters, Cheddar, Forbes
- Blockchain Industry Founders: Coinbase, Zcash, NEO, Lisk, Gnosis, Civic
This is just a small sampling of Consensus events and the people participating. To view the complete agenda and list of speakers, visit the Consensus 2019 website agenda. But to get an idea of the caliber of speakers available, here are a few headliners for this year’s event:
- Domitille Dessertine, Head of Fintech, Innovation and Competitiveness, Autorité des Marchés Financiers
- Bob Carroll, CTO, Dash Core
- Maggie Wu, CEO and Founder, Krypital Group
- John Carvalho, Chief Communications Officer, Bitrefill
- Armando Armas, Congressman, Venezuela National Assembly
- David Schwartz, Chief Technology Officer, Ripple
- Jimmy Song, Author – Programming Bitcoin, Blockchain Capital
- Terrence Dempsey, Head of Product, Fidelity Digital Assets
- Alex Adelman, CEO, Lolli
- And many, many more.
What you can expect
At Consensus 2018, we saw over 8000 people in attendance from 100+ countries. The top ten industries in attendance were manufacturing, Internet, financial services, information technology, government, media, education, marketing/sales, consulting and law.
What’s exciting for most participants is the ability to network with their industry mates in this global phenomenon of blockchain technology. More than 140 blockchain and crypto companies will be featuring their projects as exhibitors, including projects like Chainlink, Blockfi, and Zilliqa. The Rublix team will definitely be there networking and handing out free promo codes for HEDG tokens.
In addition to the keynote speeches, discussions and exhibitions, event goers can also choose from many other fun and enlightening activities:
- An art auction
- Gaming Arcade
- Live podcasts
- Happy hours
- Meet-ups and other networking opportunities
For $699, participants will convene with blockchain’s brightest stars. Are you going to Consensus this year? If so, be sure to say hello to the HedgeTrade team. Also, you might just get your hands on some of the 750,000 tokens up for grabs in the giveaway!
Also published on Medium.